Gerringong - 50 Renfrew Rd
- Location - Gerringong - 50 Renfrew Rd
- Date Completed - 16 October 2014
- Architect/ Designer - SIXTOEIGHT architecture
- Awards - 2015 MBA Best Contract Home $400,000 - $500,000
- Interior Designer - Ivy Interior Design
A strong focus on being a solar passive home with a large use of recycled materials. Featuring polished concrete floors throughout, recycled bricks, recycled bridge and wharf timbers and recycled timber taken from the original dwelling. With the long access of the house facing north, being amazingly cool in summer and warm in winter, with the sun hitting the concrete floor and recycled brick wall, producing generous heat throughout the day.
Winner for the 2015 MBA Best Contract Home $400,000 - $500,000
A very interesting concept using the combination of recycled timber and bricks including a covered walk-way with a curved tray roof over a merbau deck.
Proficient use of recycled bridge timbers gives a warm robust feel leading into the home. The concrete polished slab lends further to the energy mass of the building.