The Rift, Bowral
- Location - Bowral, Southern Highlands
- Date Completed - 23 August 2013
- Architect/ Designer - Coble Stephens Architect
- Awards - Winner for the 2013 MBA BEST RESTORATION OPEN PRICE AND WINGECARIBEE SHIRE COUNCIL HERITAGE AWARD 2013 HIGHLY COMMENDED
- Landscaping - Broughton Stonemasonry
This 1860s heritage restoration was a remarkable project to be involved in. This property had been sitting derelict with holes in the walls, floors and roof for over 10years.
WINGECARIBEE SHIRE COUNCIL HERITAGE AWARD 2013 HIGHLY COMMENDED
FEATURED IN HIGHLIFE MAGAZINE
Winner for the 2013 MBA BEST RESTORATION OPEN PRICE
Full feature, Channel 7two Australias Best Homes
‘The Rift’ is a landmark Bowral home with great heritage significance. After years of disrepair due to the enormity of the task, this project saw a complete restoration including six bedrooms, three bathrooms, dining room, living rooms, huge gallery style kitchen and basement with a billiards room. Antique features were used extensively bringing challenges to the carpenters and trades people. The judges said it was a superb result!
Coach house, Bowral